Alphas Infusing Prolastin
Specialized Services for Prolastin Users
AlphaNet provides specialized services to users of Prolastin. Each Prolastin user is assigned to a specific Prolastin AlphaNet Coordinator. The AlphaNet Coordinator is the heart of the AlphaNet Disease Management and Prevention Program.
The AlphaNet Coordinator:
- Contacts each Prolastin user at least monthly with help and support.
- Reviews with the Prolastin user their current situation and educates and assists each Alpha with self-management strategies by referencing appropriate resources and reviewing topics and treatment plans in the Big Fat Reference Guide.
- Assists in coordinating shipments of Prolastin and the ordering of associated infusion supplies.
- Serves as a source of information for issues such as insurance and locating Alpha-1 specialists in a specific area.
- Assists in alerting Alphas of upcoming events and current news in the Alpha-1 community.
- Plays a primary role in many of the research studies conducted by AlphaNet and frequently is the primary contact between the research subject and the professional researcher.
AlphaNet additionally provides consultative medical services to Prolastin users and their health care providers. The AlphaNet Medical Director and medical team are available to educate Prolastin patients and their health care providers about the condition Alpha-1, and to consult and review treatment plans developed for their Alpha-1 patients. The medical team at AlphaNet has developed a nursing education program specifically designed to educate nurses infusing Prolastin about the Alpha-1 condition and proper infusion techniques for this drug.
This instructional program is available free to your Nurse or nursing service. They can view the video and complete the course right online or request a free copy of the video program with accompanying written materials. To learn more, see the Medical Community – Continuing Education section of this website. Additionally, as a Alpha receiving Prolastin, the instructional video is available for you to view, simply click here.
To learn more about the AlphaNet Coordinators or to find the AlphaNet Coordinator near you, go to the Meet The Coordinators section of this website. You can also meet the medical team in the Staff section.